March 2020, Conklin, NY — Dryshod, the new benchmark in performance waterproof footwear for outdoor recreation and occupational use, has announced the new Megatar steel-toe work boot with dual-plate, instep-to-toe metatarsal protection.
The Megatar from Dryshod is a unisex work boot designed for maximum protection and comfort in the most challenging work environments. From the slip-resistant, full-foot CSA-approved non-metallic puncture-resistant sub-sole to the genuine hand-laid rubber upper and full-length 5mm DENSOPRENE® insulated foam bootie, the Megatar is ready for any task. Key features include:
- Dual internal and external deflective metatarsal plates
- 3-D molded semi-rigid internal metatarsal impact-resistant plate
- ANSI-compliant steel toe with 1:1 fit and sizing to the last
- Triple-layer toe and heel reinforcements
- Double Achilles heel and instep reinforcement
- Solid rubber, high durability oil-resistant outsole
- Hands-free, easy-off kick plate molded into the rear heel of the sole
- Meets ASTM F2413-18 M I/75 C/75 EH
- Meets ASTM-471 for oil resistance and ASTM F-1677 for slip resistance
In addition to these occupation-safety features, the new Megatar incorporates all of the premium features that come standard with Dryshod footwear products. The HYDROKOTE® fabric treatment, for example, allows water to easily shed from the upper to prevent saturation. A special four-way stretch airmesh lining allows air to circulate and minimize moisture buildup during warm weather while delivering maximum insulating performance in cold conditions. And for added convenience, the boot tops roll down so pant legs can be tucked in easily and then rolled up for a comfortable fit around the calf.
The Megatar boots are sized 7-15 for men, 8-13 for women, and come in a black/orange color configuration.